Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family Reunion

I must apologize for the lack of blog-ness this past month! Things have been keeping me pretty busy around here (church calling, vacations, camp, etc.). I feel like I have a bajillion pictures to post, but I'll narrow this blog entry down to our recent family reunion in Utah. Adam's family met at Fish Lake in southern Utah for their reunion at the end of June. His parents and little sister Andrea drove up from Chicago to pick us up. Then we drove up through North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming to tour Yellowstone. His sister Ashley (who goes to BYU-I), met us at Yellowstone for the night. We went to church that morning then toured the park (notice we were in the process of changing when this photo was taken). We then continued on to Utah, dropping Ashley off at BYU-I on the way. We stayed with Adam's brother Austin and his wife Shirley in Provo Sunday night. We arrived at Fish Lake on Monday.

Fish Lake was very pretty and peaceful. We stayed in a large cabin with Adam's extended family, and had fun fishing from the boat that Adam's parents rented. Adam and his family caught a few fish (mine got away when I reeled in the line too tight...oops). I've decided that Adam is a born fisherman. He is so kind too. He's allowing me to include a video of his secret fish-catching technique:



I'd have to say my absolute favorite part of the trip was when we went to Goblin Valley State Park. It is unlike any place I have ever seen in my life. You drive through the desert and run into this crazy piece of land with stacked, round rock formations everywhere! We had a jolly good time exploring the place. Adam reminds me of a goblin in this video:



There was a cool cave we climbed into as well.














Adam even captured a rare creature on video:


The family reunion included Adam's grandmother (Adam's mom's mom), all of her children, and their children, and children, and so on... blah blah blah. It was pretty cool to see everyone though. Surprisingly, I had met the great majority of them already. Here is a picture of us gathered around his grandmother:

I'm still waiting for a copy of the all-inclusive family picture. All in all, the trip was a fun time for all. We drove home via scenic Colorado. More blogs and stories to come!

5 comments:

Myers Family said...

You two are quite possibly the funniest people I know! What a strange creature lurking in the area- and what a talent for catching fish! You two crack me up! I wish we could've seen you... totally understandable that things get busy. Fun post, thanks for the update.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

MARY! You two are freaking hilarious! Those videos made me laugh. ALL OF THEM! Seriosuly... rare Mary sighting... and Adam running all weird in the "Goblin" video. You crack me up! And your laugh! Hahaha

Sarah said...

HAHA I LOVED the videos...you guys are too funny!!

Kari and Joel said...

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Hey Mary! Be a pal, come visit! K thanks : )

P.S. I am totally going to call you soon!