Sunday, July 11, 2010

Adam's Home!!!

Yippee!!! My husband has been home from Puerto Rico for about a month now. He was able to take 3 weeks off of work to spend time with us before going back last week. It has been really nice (and somewhat interesting) to watch him and Luke get to know each other better. It seems that a father's bond comes naturally though.

We were able to take a few days to make a trip up to Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota while Adam was home. I know...who knew there was anything to see in ND? haha. Here's Luke, all ready to go! (jk, jk)

A group of many wild horses at the national park:

Beautiful scenery:

This picture reminds me of a Lisa Frank painting for some reason... haha:

A semi-family photo - Luke was sleeping in the car:

Posing by the Little Missouri River: (Theodore Roosevelt chased bandits down this river as a Deputy Sheriff)

The North Dakota scenery on our drive home:

We stopped in a little town (Hettinger, ND) for some R&R (and ice cream from a random place called Pepy's).
Adam enjoying his Pepy's while reminiscing about the good ole' days when playground equipment could KILL you:
Luke's first time in a swing!

We had a great time on our mini vacation to North Dakota. I'm so glad that Adam is home. I finally feel like our little family is complete again. I must admit, it's also nice to have help with the babe too. Adam is such a great Dad, and I love him so much!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that first video!! What a sweet Daddy!

Christina and Ryan said...

The video of Adam making Luke laugh is so hysterical! I really hope that he greeted you in the same fashion upon his arrival home. Also in the swing video I think Luke looks like he's wondering why the swing is squeaking so loud. I laughed.
You are a beautiful family! (and funny, which is muy importante)

KYoho said...

I'm so glad he's back! You look great by the way Mary! And that spinny playground thing made me laugh...play ground equipment used to be dangerous in the good ol days huh! I remember getting dragged thru the mulch by that thing holding on for dear life!