Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Captain!!!

n Monday, Adam pinned on his new rank: Captain! He has also been working in a new squadron (MSG - Mission Support Group) since he got back from deployment.  His new position is the Executive Officer, which is pretty exciting because he was hand-picked for the job.  Here he is at the pin-on ceremony with his new commander, Colonel Edwards (left), and his former commander, Colonel Bellucci (right):
A lot of Adam's coworkers/friends showed up for the ceremony, despite their busy day getting ready for a base exercise.  This is about half of the people that came:
Taking the oath:
Colonel Edwards, Luke, and I pinned on Adam's new rank:
Tradition has you "pound" on the new rank:
The happy Captain!
I made a slideshow presentation that showed what has happened in Adam's life in the past 2 years also.  It was pretty sentimental...I teared up.  (It doesn't take much to make me cry though...)
Celebrating with some ice cream cake from Coldstone!
Adam and his friend/softball teammate, Richie:
I guess the whole thing wore Luke out, because this is how he fell asleep in his crib!  haha:
Adam works sooo hard for our family, and I am so proud to call him my husband.  He does the work of 2 airmen every single day and still comes home wanting to play with Luke.  I don't know anyone with a better work ethic, and I'm so thankful to be married to someone like him.  Congrats, Adam! I love you!

2 comments:

Myers Family said...

Congrats, again! So exciting for you guys! I don't know, there is just something to be said about men named Adam... they are awesome! That picture of Luke is too stinkin' cute! Poor baby was tired! And can I also say I am so glad another mom out there isn't terrified to leave the bumpers in the crib! :) He's a cutie!

Mary and Adam said...

Thanks Shanna! I know...Adams are the best!! I actually just put those bumpers back on because he kept bonking his head haha. (I was one of those terried moms!) lol. They make the crib so much cuter though!!!