Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas Story

So I thought I'd post a short entry about our Christmas this year. Adam had to work for a few hours on Christmas Day, so we ended up sticking around here for the holidays. On Christmas Eve we both got off work around 1p.m., so we were able to enjoy some time together during daylight hours. That evening, we had a fun dinner and then went to see some Christmas lights (although I had to drag Adam into the car to come with me - he's not a fan of Christmas lights-observing like I am). I know he secretly enjoyed listening to me talk about what kinds of lights were my most/least favorites. Although, Heidi seemed more interested in the lights than he did. That evening, we decided to go ahead and open our gifts since Adam was going to have to work the next morning. Here's Adam with "the only thing I want for Christmas for the rest of my life:" I love the Willow Tree angels, and Adam's mom and my mom both got me one! I was very pleased indeed:One of my gifts from my dad certainly came in handy too:Christmas Day was very relaxing and enjoyable. We had some very delicious food together at the dining facility on base after Adam was done greeting the distinguished visitors that served lunch. It really was very good - I was impressed. It even made the front page of the Rapid City Journal and was covered by the news! That evening we had another yummy meal with some friends from church. All in all, we had a low-key, enjoyable holiday full of good food and good friends.

I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father sent his son to this earth so that we can return to live with Him again someday. The gifts and food are nice, but they are only reminders of how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have given us. I hope that we can keep the spirit of Christ in our hearts all year.

I have to end with a video of Heidi playing with one of her Christmas presents. She's so talented...
Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Amy Tree said...

Heidi is so cute! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with some live entertainment.

Sarah B said...

Yeah pretty much the cutest dog I've seen in awhile. And I may be the only person to say that I wish I was in South Dakota at Christmas. :)

Amanda said...

Nice Christmas...so what did Heidi Get???

Mary Peterson said...

Heidi is one talented dog! I'm glad that you had a good Christmas! Thanks also for posting about the real meaning of Christmas!

P.S. I love your pillows on your couch. So cute!

Juli said...

I'm glad I found your blog. It was really fun playing games and getting to know you better!

Julie and Spencer said...

Oh my gosh your dog is so cute! He's like a little human in dog form. I'm so glad I have your blog address. Any chance you'll be in Utah in the near future?

Julie and Spencer said...

YOU KNOW SCOTT AND LANI OLSON? My brother married Scott's sister, Laura! That's so funny! I saw them last summer I think. Tell them Julie says hello! Small world, aint it?