Sunday, February 1, 2009

Growing Up

I know I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I'd update everyone on what we've been up to. Adam turned 27 on January 19th. I'm married to an old man!!! haha - Just kidding, just kidding. He's planning on running his first marathon in Deadwood this summer, so his birthday gifts consisted of running shoes and some nice running gear, including a nice sports watch. We pretty much spent his birthday relaxing all day, which he enjoyed, considering he's been really busy with work this year. He is now the new Flight Chief over Food, Fitness, and Lodging. He enjoys his job, but it definitely keeps him working. I love you Adam, and HAPPY (belated blog) BIRTHDAY!

On another note, WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST HOME!!!

In fact, the sellers of the townhouse agreed to our offer and signed the purchase agreement today! (We'll be signing it tomorrow.) We are both very excited, especially since this is our first time buying our own place. The townhouse has two bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and a 2 car garage. Here are some pictures of it (with the current owners' stuff inside - lol):



























The townhouse is right down the street from where we currently live (base housing located off-base), so hopefully moving won't be too difficult. We should be closing on the house on March 6th, so I'll let everyone know when we're all moved in! I feel like we're starting to grow up! haha.

11 comments:

Heather said...

WHAT!!!! Umm.... Lucy you have some explaining to do.
I think those are details that are supposed to be shared before you actually buy. That means you are leaving our ward. I am not pleased!!! However, I am excited that you guys are growing up and getting your first house. Congrats.

Mary and Adam said...

Sorry! The first time we even looked at the house was a week ago!!! haha! It all happened so fast! aaaah!!! I am sad that it's in a different ward...which is weird, because it's so close to our current house. I think our new ward will start at 11 though, so I'll still get to see you guys!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

MARY! How fun! I am so excited for you guys. Hopefully your house buying process won't be as hard as ours has been. It is seriously insane how many problems we have run into. But I am so excited for you guys! P.S. LOVE THE HOUSE. You have so much kitchen cupboard space, you will love that.

Juli said...

What a great house! I am sad you are leaving our ward, I was just getting to know you. Let us know if you need help moving.

Julie and Spencer said...

Congrats on your own place! That's really exciting!

Sarah said...

Congrats on buying your first home! It looks so cute! I hope you two are doing well and we miss you guys!

Jake & Rachel said...

AWESOME!!! On the house that is, not Adam getting old. You really are growing up :) It looks like nice place, good luck with closing and moving in.

Kari and Joel said...

Wow, that's exciting! congrats on being home-owners!! It looks nice!

Amanda said...

Congrats on your new house, it looks very cute. We will miss having you in our ward! :(

KYoho said...

oh my gosh! congratulations!!! that is so exciting!

Tera said...

WHAT!!?? You can't go yet! Seriously who do I have to talk to so ya'll will stay??? Too many people think leaving our ward is okay! I am happy for your success, don't be a stranger!