Friday, May 29, 2009

Big News

Oh my goodness...I haven't written a post in forever! I apologize. A lot has happened since I wrote last, so I might as well break it down!

First of all, I turned 24 on March 30th (yes it's been that long since I've posted). The night before my birthday we had a huge blizzard, which was bad because everything was closed on my birthday, but good because Adam and I both got out of work! The first pic is of me and Heidi getting ready to play in the snow.


Here's Adam after making me my "blizzard birthday snowman." It was decorated with dog treats so Heidi could eat them when the snowman melted, but all she did was sit outside and bark at it. The treats didn't last til the end of the day.
Adam's family came into town in February, and we visited the Jewel Cave National Monument for the first time. It was a pretty neat cave full of geodes.
Other things have happened too, but I think the most exciting thing is that after 2 years of unsuccessful trying, Adam and I are having a baby! Here it is at almost 11 weeks (where I am now) waving "hello."We call it our miracle baby because we didn't think we were going to be able to get pregnant without medical assistance. However, this little one came as a big, wonderful surprise, and we're very happy!

14 comments:

Myers Family said...

I am seriously so happy for you guys! I knew you've been trying, but had no idea it was 2 years! The little thing looks so cute! I'm really really happy for you both!

Christina and Ryan said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Your kids are going to be adorable and hysterical, which is the best. I get so worried about not getting pregnant right away because Ryan wants to wait until 9 months before he wants a baby to be born to start trying bc HIS mom got pregnant right away. I know a lot of people who took a long time to get pregnant or still can't and they are in their 20s. We've already been married for 2 years, but unless Jesus comes to Ryan in a dream and tells him that we need to have a baby asap we won't start trying until next summer.
Ryan will never read this so I'm being very open haha don't quote this stuff back to me on my blog ;)

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Oh Mary! I am just so happy for you. I can't even tell you how much it rocks to be a mom. Super hard at times but SO much fun. Congrats congrats congrats.

KYoho said...

ah, I am just so happy for you too! Keep us posted with pictures and everything!!! How are you feeling?

Sarah said...

YAY CONGRATS!! I am so so excited for you guys! You two will be the cutest parents. Keep us posted on your blog with updates on the babe!

Amy Tree said...

congrats! being a mom is fun, you will love it! Hope everything goes well for you.

Lani said...

We're so happy for you guys! Looks like you've had lots of fun stuff to keep you busy lately!

Tera said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait to hear what 'flavor' you get!! We love both kids! Keep the posts coming, we love to read about all your adventures!

Julie and Spencer said...

Hurray! I'm so happy you told me about it on the phone first! I didn't know you were trying for 2 years. Wow...what an amazing blessing!!!!! I love you Mary!

Jake & Rachel said...

CONGRATS!!! That is really exciting, to be trying for so long...I couldn't imagine. It must make it all the more sweeter. I'm really happy for you guys, you're going to be an awesome mom. AND I think you should invest in some snow pants (instead of jeans) with those winters you have there!

Juli said...

Congrats to you all! I hope your pregnancy goes well.

Kari and Joel said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! You'll be such a cute mom!

Just the three of us,,, said...

OH Mary!! I am so happy for you two. You two are going to be great parents!! Keep us posted...dont take so long next time to blog :)

Mary Peterson said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!