Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baby Blessing

Our little Luke was blessed in our brand new church building last Tuesday night, the 9th. Why Tuesday, you ask? We were planning on blessing him on Sunday the 14th, but Adam found out on Monday afternoon (the 8th) that he had to deploy to Puerto Rico Wednesday morning (the 10th) for 4 months. Adam had been warned the week before that he might be deployed soon, but we were expecting at least a few days notice! I was pleasantly surprised that despite our having to somewhat rush to bless Luke before Adam left, it was a very spiritual experience.
The Bishopric was at the new building moving in to their offices, so they and a few others joined Adam in the blessing, including our good friend Carl. I joined them up on the stage of the Chapel for our private little ceremony. Adam gave Luke a beautiful blessing, and the intimacy of the experience made it so wonderful and incredibly special.

Here are Adam and Luke at the airport right before Adam had to leave:
Adam's parents and sister Andrea had been planning a trip up to see us and the new baby. Unfortunately they missed Adam by about a day and a half. We still had a fun time though during the weekend they were here, and they were kind enough to watch Luke so I could get some naps. I must say I hadn't slept that much in awhile!
Here's the best family photo I could get for now - haha :

Here's a little video of my favorite baby:


And just so Heidi isn't left out, here's a video of her we took shortly before Adam left:


We are doing well. I'm pretty sure Heidi misses Adam as much as I do...which is a whole lot! We love you, Adam!!!

9 comments:

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Wow talk about a surprise! He is gone for 4 months? I'm sorry, you should call me! Well we should be calling each other regularly actually... but especially now. Do it! Love the family picture, the first family picture haha, you all look so good. That is one sweet baby you have. Loved the video.

Christina and Ryan said...

You look amazing and Luke is so adorable! You guys should probably just follow Adam to Puerto Rico because it's nice and warm there right now. Do you ever go on gchat? Add me if you do: christinalauren@gmail.com I'll keep you busy with Adam gone :)
I love that you put up a video of Heidi! haha

Kari and Joel said...

Yikes! That is short notice. I'm glad you got to have visitors right after he left and that you got to bless your little guy in time too. I hope you're doing well!! We'll keep your family in our prayers! :)

Jake & Rachel said...

boo! I'm sorry Mary, deployments are no fun, no matter how long or short they are, especially with little babies! I think Brynn was the same age...5 weeks?...when Jake deployed. You do look great and the blessing sounded wonderful.

Just the three of us,,, said...

Mary you look so pretty and that little boy oh my goodness! He is such a handsome little thing :) I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am sure its not been easy having Adam gone, but your super women ;)

Heather said...

I am so glad to hear that you got him blessed before Adam left..After we got off the phone I wondered about how all that was going to take place...Personally I like the idea of having your own personal blessing ceremony. We had to do an impromtu one with Mack and I feel it was more meaningful then the other two who had theirs at church.

Myers Family said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't know you guys were expecting a deployment, and so soon! I will sure be thinking a lot about you guys, and wish I were closer to help! I do have to say though, the blessing sounds like a very neat experience. Definitely one you will never forget! Although it wasn't planned, I'm sure it was absolutely perfect! And by the way- you look amazing and your baby is the cutest ever! :)

Haley said...

Wow, Mary...I can't imagine how tough to have your hubby gone for 4 months! We're thinking about you guys. Your boy is just beautiful. Glad you were able to bless him before Adam had to leave. Just think about the reunion you'll have in 4 months! :)

KYoho said...

ugh, I'm so sad for you that Adam will be gone! But I can definitely see the benefits of having a small, intimate blessing experience. Come to Utah for a visit!