Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Christmas Present

So my wonderful husband bought me a digital piano on Saturday as my Christmas present this year (which will probably count as my birthday present and next year's Christmas present also). I've played the piano since I was 7, but it's been hard for me to not have easy access to a piano for 5+ years. I love to play the piano (not that I always wanted to practice as a child). I'm so glad my mom told me that I could quit my lessons when I "didn't want to quit any more." Thanks for being a stickler, mom!
I must say that I've had some very spiritual experiences playing the piano, mostly when I've been playing alone. I'm so thankful for the gift of music in my life. I'm also thankful that Adam decided that it was time for me to finally have a piano when he saw me sitting in Sacrament Meeting with my sheet music, going through the notes in my head - for fun.
Adam insisted on video-taping my first notes played on my new piano, so though the song is generic and not so impressive, here it is - sideways and all:

4 comments:

Myers Family said...

Merry Christmas to you!!! (And birthday, and valentines day, and christmas again...) What a cool gift, and you are very talented! ;)

Sarah said...

How fun! I never knew you played the piano...your so good!

Amy Tree said...

good for you! I love music also, but i'm not as talented

Mary Peterson said...

Cool piano! We just got a digital piano this summer too! I love it, escpecially when my little Jamesy can turn the volume down when he wants to practice. Ha! Ha!