Thursday, November 6, 2008

Snow Day!

We received word that a big snow storm was coming through starting around 5p.m. last night. Well, it snowed and snowed all night, and the wind is so bad in South Dakota, that it was quite noisy. We awoke to a couple of phone calls stating that Adam and I both had snow days today!!! Hooray! Unfortunately, we can't go anywhere because we're pretty much trapped by the snow drifts. It looks like we might be getting out soon though, thanks to our little dog and a little thing she likes to call "determination."


Heidi finally dug us free, with the help of Adam and some kind ward members (thanks Bro. Shirley and Bro. Rocknak!) The snow in front of our house is a combination of a giant bush, snow drifts, and shoveled snow. Heidi had a grand old time hopping around in it like a bunny. Oh, and Adam, I don't think we're in Florida anymore!

9 comments:

Tera said...

THAT PILE IS HUGE!! Glad you guys get to come outside and play. IF we have a snow day tomorrow we all need to have a big sledding party down our road. Then our boys can make snow forts!! Great photos!

Myers Family said...

I thought my pile of snow yesterday was exciting... HARDLY! What fun- a snow day would be much appreciated on my end!

Lani said...

Good job Heidi! Glad you made it out and that you survived the flood the other weekend, I saw the DGR van over there, I had no idea it was something that major!

Sarah said...

Holy cow! I was thinking how crazy it was that we got four inches the other day...I bite my tongue and take it back...that is nuts! The wind in your video sounds crazy too.

Christina and Ryan said...

Oh my gosh! Well, if it makes you feel any better I heard that Florida got a lot of snow last night too. Oh wait..It's in the 70s. At least you have a cute little dog to dig you out when you're trapped in your house :)

Mary Peterson said...

Your dog is precious! I'm glad that you were able to make it outside. I'm still stuck. Hopefully we'll get out sometime soon! Enjoy the snow days!

Jake & Rachel said...

That is a lot of snow!! I had been hearing about the blizzard that his the Dakotas...was this part of it??

Kari and Joel said...

We are so jealous! I would be happy with anything below 60 degrees about now. How fun to have a snow day! I loved those when I was a kid!

Amanda said...

Wow! Heidi is one good digger! :)