Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Down the Drain

So...remember when our toilet flooded? Well, they tried to fix the toilet that same night with no avail. Then when they came back to pick up the carpet fans, they tried to fix it again, with no luck. So they finally came to replace our toilet yesterday, and said they were going to break apart the old one to find out what was wrong with it. So Adam got a call today saying that we are going to have to pay $190 for our new toilet. Apparently, housing maintenance found something in the toilet that was causing all of the problems: a dog toy. Don't ask me how it got there, but Adam was able to verify that the purple, rubber horseshoe was indeed our dog's toy. I was wondering where that thing went...

Heidi's punishment was to model by the new toilet with her "I'm sorry, mommy" face. I think she's forgiven now.

7 comments:

Myers Family said...

Oh, my goodness! I think this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I sure hope they don't make you pay for the clean up from the flood... that would be not so good!

P.S. Go UTES!!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

HAHAH! That is hilarious. How do the funniest most random things happen to you guys? We miss you!

Mary and Adam said...

Yeah they better not make us pay for the carpet cleanup labor. Besides, I don't think the toy could have caused the flood...who knows. You said it Megan: the most random things happen to us, but it's not funny! JK - I know it's hilarious.

Lani said...

Maybe Heidi could come over and hide a toy in our kids bathroom, I'd love to get that thing replaced! That's such a cute little 'sorry' face too!

Heather said...

sorry Heidi's toy was the culprit. I am just glad it wasn't bad construction. I don't need a similiar disaster at my house.

Mary Peterson said...

How funny! Your dog looks to small to even get a toy into the toilet! Sorry that happened to you.

Jake & Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! It was all Heidi's fault! I can't believe she put her toy in the toilet! At least they didn't make you pay for all the post-flood cleanup!