Monday, December 28, 2009

Luke Adam Baker

Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but I'm finally taking a second to post a picture of my precious, adorable, wonderful, handsome little boy! Luke Adam Baker was born on December 23rd at 12:02a.m. with a full head of BLOND hair!!! He weighed 6lbs 5.9 oz and was 18 inches long! I believe that means 15% of you were correct on my poll! Congrats! : )

I ended up being induced since I was past my due date and the baby still hadn't dropped all the way. The doctor was afraid my pelvis was too narrow for him to fit through, and if we waited too long, he would be too big for me to deliver him without a C-section. It turns out, he was right! I was really nervous to be induced, but after pushing for 3 1/2 hours, having a 2nd degree episiotomy and 2nd degree tearing (TMI?), and having to use a vacuum, I realized there was no way I could have delivered a baby any larger! Once the doctor started with the vacuum, he told me he was going to give it 4 tries or we were going to have to resort to a C-section. I absolutely did NOT want a C-section, and on the 4th contraction, my millions of mind prayers were answered as the baby finally made it through. The doctor kept telling me afterwards how he really didn't think the baby was going to come that way because he kept sliding backwards after every push. He was pretty shocked. I just told him the power of a determined woman shouldn't be underestimated. ; ) lol.

I thought that having a newborn was going to be the most stressful thing and that I would be hoping for the first month to fly by. But now that he's here, I just want time to stand still so I can enjoy how sweet and little my angel is. I'm already sad that he's going to grow up, and he's not even a week old! lol. Even though he keeps me up all night, one little tired smile from him makes my world feel like heaven. I'll be sure to post more pictures later!

11 comments:

Lani said...

Congratulations! I love that name and almost used it for Andrew and then again for Jake.Glad everything went well and you didn't have to do the C-section. He's adorable!

Sarah said...

Congrats Mary! He is beautiful! I am so glad you both are healthy and well and that you are enjoying mommyhood! I know you will make a great mom and Adam will be one good poppa! We are so happy for you!

Tera said...

What a handsome BOY!! We were totally hanging out at the hospital that day with our birthday boy! Glad we can share a birthday! CONGRATULATIONS!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Mary, he is beautiful! Good job on the delivery! That always desirves a big pat on the back. I'm sorry you tore, so painful. Just tell yourself, I will heal sooner rather than later. : ) He is seriously addorable! Good job you two, way to make a cute baby.

Team Laws said...

good stuff. congrats

Juli said...

I'm glad everything went well. He is a really cute baby!

Amy Tree said...

what a cutie! and on my birthday too, good job! Glad all is going well, enjoy the time with him being so little =)

KYoho said...

Mary I am so happy that you say all those sweet things about your baby, because they really do grow and change too fast! Savor every moment! I'm glad you didn't have to have a c section, especially after going through the whole labor and pushing process...that would suck! He is beautiful!

Kari and Joel said...

He's adorable! Congrats you guys!

Jake & Rachel said...

Congrats Adam and Mary! He is so cute. All the hard work of pregnancy and labor/delivery is worth it, isn't it?! What a perfect Christmas present :)

Gary and Annette Baker said...

Congratulations!