Monday, August 31, 2009

Mommy/Son Date Night!

Last week the Central States Fair was going on, and the bank that I work for had two premier seating passes for anyone to use! I snatched those babies up for 3 nights of fair fun. Adam and I went to the Supercross and Demolition Derby on 2 separate nights before he left on TDY for San Antonio. The final night I had tickets for was the Blake Shelton concert (I LOVE country). The premier ticket seating was pretty nice/close, and Blake put on a great concert.

I used one ticket and decided that my son would use the other one since Adam was out of town. We both enjoyed a delicious funnel cake with powdered sugar.

The fair was all good fun until I went home after the concert only to have food poisoning for 4 hours that night. I guess that funnel cake wasn't so good after all....eew.
Anyway, here is my "official" 24 week bump picture. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Myers Family said...

What a cute pregnant Mary!!!! You look so adorable! How long will Adam be gone?? And thanks for your comment... we're finally joining the ranks of being parents... isn't it absolutely terrifying yet so exciting! Sounds like a great time at the fair... I was craving funnel cake the other day until I read about your food poisoning... YUCK!

Lani said...

What a cute little bump, you look great! Sorry about the funnel cake.

KYoho said...

you are so cute! I love your belly pics! I got food poisoning or some kind of nasty flu while I was about as far along as you are...I was throwing up a ton and felt horrible! It's no fun!

Jake & Rachel said...

I wish I knew about this before you went, I would have warned you!! When I was pregnant with Brynn I went to the Pcola fair and ate a funnel cake and barfed for hours afterwards also. Something about pregancy and funnel cake is not a good idea BUT the Blake Shelton concert sounds great :)

Kari and Joel said...

Your belly is cute!! The concert sounded fun, I would have still gone without the hubby too! Can't pass that up! ;)