Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Happenin's

Here is a quick summary of some of the things we've been up to this summer. I've been such a slacker when it comes to keeping up with my blog that I feel like I need to get it all in here, or it will never be seen! Back in June, my BFF Sara came to visit from West Virginia for a week. It was so awesome to hang out with my best buddy just like the old days! Some of our activities included canoeing with Heidi at Pactola Reservoir, hiking to the face of the Crazy Horse Memorial at the annual Volksmarch, hiking to the top of Harney Peak, touring Custer State Park, hanging out in Deadwood, and cheering Adam on during his first marathon!



I was so proud of my hubby for finishing a full marathon! He ran with his training/running partner Carl, and they met up with their squadron commander near the end of the race. I have pictures of Adam and Carl collapsed on the pavement afterwards, which was pretty humorous to me and Sara...We were pretty tired too though - trying to keep up in a car with two guys while they run 26.2 miles is exhausting! ; )

This last picture is of Heidi in her self-made fort under our bed. She enjoys ripping up the fabric from underneath the boxspring and climbing inside. It took me forever to find her one day because she was sleeping in there and wouldn't come when I called her. I thought it was so funny, I just had to take a picture (or 5)! I love that dog! haha.

2 comments:

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Adam ran a marathon. I want to run a half marathon someday. I ran the race for the cure and thought it was really short! So I think I might actually be able to do a half marathon. I ran with Kendra while she was rather pregnant. So when I say ran, I use it loosely because we probably only ran a third of it and that was just because we were trying to find our group. Haha But I am excited to get back into it. And look at you cute pregnant lady! I love the belly pictures and have been waiting with baited breath for them. Keep 'em comming! It's totally a girl. Little LaShariq... can't wait to see her!

Andrea said...

Wow that is so cool that heidi figured out how to do that. It's kinda like the box is better than the package in it.. sorta I guess:D