Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend Adam and I decided to take a trip down to Colorado Springs and Denver to visit with friends and see a Cubs game. Our friends Matt and Becca just got stationed in Colorado Springs, so we were able to bring their dog down to be with them, since they left him in Rapid City while they house hunted. Saturday we drove the 7 hours down to Colorado Springs, toured the town, ate at PF Chang's :), then headed up to Denver for the Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies game.
It was kind of freaky at first because we were sitting waaaay in the back of the stadium (about 6 rows from the very top). The cubbies won though, so it was worth it!


Sunday we ate some French toast w/ fried apples and whipped cream at Cracker Barrel. I forgot how delicious the food is there. Adam said his favorite parts of the trip were the Cubs game and French toast. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...although I must say that these days my mouth waters when I think about pretty much any food...or object that reminds me of food. Adam said he wanted to go to the Apple store, and I was thinking, "Ooo a store full of different kinds of apples..that sounds SO good." I didn't realize he was talking about the Apple computer store. Boring! Also, on the road we saw huge mounds of dirt covered with white plastic and black tires to hold the plastic down. I immediately thought of chocolate donuts in a field of powdered sugar. Hmm...I think I need a snack!

Here are some pictures of us at Cracker Barrel with Matt and Becca. Becca is due to have a boy in October, so we're pretty close together!

Before we headed back to Rapid City Sunday afternoon, we stopped by the Air Force Academy, where Adam went to school and wrestled during his first two years of college before he transferred to BYU. It was a very beautiful campus set up against the mountains. It was fun to be given the VIP tour by Adam.
We ended up arriving back home around 10p.m. Sunday night. It was a quick trip full of driving, but all-in-all a very enjoyable weekend!

No comments: